The End of the Sun is a first-person exploration and adventure game, where the story has the most important meaning, as it is set in the world of Slavic rites, beliefs, legends, and their everyday life. It is a series of mysterious events that ordinary people dealt with, as they were living in a small village where the line between myth and reality began to fade perilously.
As the Ashter who is gifted with the ability to travel in time and knowledge about Navia (the space where human fates shape), you come to a mysterious village to find your friend, but you cannot find anyone there, at least not in a way you wanted to. All you can see are smothered fires around.
A little bit more:
A story inspired by Slavic mythology and legends. It presents the events occurring during the 4 major Slavic festivals during the 4 seasons far away from each other in time. Recreates mystical events, culture and people’s habits in an unusual way. The game is inspired by both adventure and exploration games with unorthodox riddles to solve, but the story-line is in the first place here.
- Ethnographic museums scanned via photogrammetry – To get top-class graphics, we visited ethnographic museums where we scanned hundreds of objects and entire buildings, so you can admire them in the game the way they actually are. We also scanned the elements of the natural environment in order to get the most European Slavonic climate possible.
- Travel in time – teleport between four periods far away from each other by many years, set in four main seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Get to know the stories of the same heroes at different stages of their lives.
- Dynamic world, weather conditions, lighting – the time of day, weather and lighting change smoothly and dynamically within one day in front of your eyes as you discover other parts of the mystery.
- Consequences of time traveling – certain elements of history and the world around you will open up to you only when you set the paths of fate and influence the future. Events from the past have an impact on the future.
- Slavic World, its culture and daily activities – While experiencing the story, you will be able to enjoy not only the immersive history but also look at the long-forgotten everyday activities and objects that are no longer used today.
- Open world exploration – Travel between the homesteads and surroundings of the village, finding out the details of the mystery that lies somewhere there.
- Non-linear and engaging story – You can experience particular immersive stories at your own pace and at the moment you feel like it.
- Price: TBD (Most probably 19.99$)
- Full Release available on the Steam Store: Coming Soon (2020/2021)
- Operating systems: WIN, MAC, LINUX / Planned Consoles (PS4/ XBOX One) Depending on Kickstarter campaign success.
- Planned language versions: English, Polish, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Czech.