Sombra Infiltrates Overwatch Character Roster
In an exciting new trailer showcased during the opening of BlizzCon 2016, the world of Overwatch was shown a new playable character. Sombra is the second new character in Overwatch’s character gallery of 23 vastly different “heroes”. This purple-clad Mexican hero is a stealthy hacker who is made a force to be reckoned with through her ability to camouflage and momentarily disrupt enemies. While her EMPs make it easier to take down multiple targets at once, the ability to translocate makes her harder to pin down.
- Machine Pistol: Packing a fully automatic machine, Sombra fires bursts in a short-range spread.
- Hacking: Sombra can temporarily disrupt her enemies’ abilities by hacking into them and can hack into first-aid kits to render them useless for her opponents.
- Thermoptic Camo: She also possesses the ability to become invisible for short periods of time, during which her speed undergoes a considerable boost.
- Translocator: Equipped with a translocator beacon that can be activated any time(even when airborne), Sombra can instantly transmit to the beacon’s location while it’s active.
- EMP: Discharging electromagnetic energy in a large radius, Sombra destroys enemy shields and barriers, while simultaneously hacking all the enemies caught in the vicinity of the blast.
- Real Name: ░░░░░░
- Age: 30
- Occupation: Hacker
- Base of Operations: Dorado, Mexico
- Affiliation: Talon, Los Muertos (formerly)
“One of the world’s most notorious hackers, Sombra uses information to manipulate those in power.
Long before she took up the alias “Sombra,” ░░░░░░ was among the thousands of children who were left orphaned in the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis. With much of her country’s infrastructure destroyed, she survived by utilising her natural gifts with hacking and computers.
After ░░░░░░ was taken in by Mexico’s Los Muertos gang, she aided it in its self-styled revolution against the government. Los Muertos believed that the rebuilding of Mexico had primarily benefited the rich and the influential, leaving behind those who were most in need of assistance.
Following her many conquests, ░░░░░░ was supremely confident in her skills, but she was caught unprepared when she stumbled into the web of a global conspiracy—one that had also noticed her. With her security irreparably compromised, ░░░░░░ was forced to delete all traces of her identity and went into hiding.
She later reemerged as Sombra, upgraded and determined to find out the truth behind the conspiracy she had uncovered. Sombra launched an even more audacious string of hacks, and her exploits earned her no shortage of admirers, including Talon. She joined the organization’s ranks and is believed to have contributed to its massive cyber attacks against corporations with strong ties to their governments. These efforts incited a popular revolution in Mexico against LumériCo and breached the security of Volskaya Industries, the manufacturing arm of Russia’s anti-omnic defence.”
Source: Official Overwatch website