Thermaltake has been one of the more prominent names when it comes to innovative Chassis design and robust builds and now let’s take a look at their latest creation, the Core P5.
The Thermaltake Core P5 is a fully modular, open-frame chassis that allows for a unique triple mounting (Wall-mount, Vertical and Horizontal) setup. Apart from this, Thermaltake Core P5 features a dual GPU setup location and full Liquid Cooling compatibility.
- Model: Core P5
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Dimensions: HxWxD: 608mm x 333mm x 570mm or 23.9in x 13.1in x 22.4in
- Net Weight: 12.2kg or 26.9lbs
- Side Panel: Transparent Acrylic window
- Color: Black
- Material: SPCC
- Drive Bays: Accessible: 1 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ (HDD tray)
Hidden: 3 x 3.5’’ or 2.5’’ (Behind the Motherboard tray)
- Expansion slots: 8
- Motherboard compatibility: 6.7″ x 6.7″ (Mini-ITX), 9.6″ x 9.6″ (Micro ATX) and 12″ x 9.6″ (ATX)
- I/O ports: USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2 and HD Audio x 1
- PSU: Standard PS2 PSU (Optional)
- Fan Support: Left Side: 4 x 120mm and 3 x 140mm
- Radiator Support: Left Side: 1 x 480mm and 1 x 420mm
- Clearance: CPU cooler height limitation: 180mm
VGA length limitation:
280mm (With Reservoir)
320mm (Without Reservoir)PSU length limitation:
[nextpage title=”Our Opinion”]
We’ve had the chance to test this system out for ourselves on a special occasion. The Core P5 on that occasion boasted a close loop with hard tubes which were nothing short of a nightmare to handle at that time but in the end, we finally found our way and everything was resolved. However, the Core P5 boasts a modular compatibility which is unparalleled in some aspects. The triple mounting system and the full LC for pre-built and custom kits will surely attract enthusiasts and modders alike. The Core P5 shows that the designers and the engineers went back to the drawing board and spent some time at it and tested it the system towards perfection.We’re glad to see the Core P5 being true to the central concept of chassis and case modding and we’re very hopeful that the system will make many people happy with their investments.