The first patch for Batman : Arkham Knight has been launched by Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer Rocksteady .
Warner Bros. Community Admin Yorick has said that the patch is being released now, and that the companies will continue to release patches while it continues to work on improving performance issues the game is plagued with . Warner Bros. has also suspended sales of the PC version of the game since last week until these issues are fixed . Nvidia is also offering its QA and technical assistance to help fix the problems the PC port is suffering from .
“Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering,” “The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place “
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
Rocksteady co-founder Sefton Hill re-assured that Rocksteady are “working like crazy” to help fix the game. He had posted the following tweet :
Totally supported decision to suspend PC version. We have our best engineers at Rocksteady working like crazy to help fix the issues ASAP.
— Sefton Hill (@Seftonhill) June 25, 2015
“Totally supported decision to suspend PC version. We have our best engineers at Rocksteady working like crazy to help fix the issues ASAP.”
The PC port of Arkham Knight has had a rocky launch , and hopefully these patches will be able to fix the game and let everyone enjoy the Caped Crusader’s last game in the Arkham Trilogy .
Source : WB Games Community