Don’t Die, Minerva! is a rogue-lite from the people at Xaviant. Like many other games in this genre, it features procedurally-generated dungeons filled with a wide variety of enemies, loot and challenging gameplay.
You play Minerva, who finds herself at the middle of a rather haunting castle. Armed with your torch, backpack and stuffed toys you take on all manners of ghouls, ghosts and other nightmares. You are not alone in this quest, as Mr. Butterworth, a friendly butler ghost, will serve as your source of advice, lore, and upgrades.
We’ve managed to rack up a couple of hours in the game and so far it’s looking pretty good. The game is unbelievably well polished and differentiates itself from other roguelikes in a couple of nifty things.
- Procedurally generated levels set in 3 distinct biomes
- Four difficulty levels to suit all tastes and skill levels
- Randomized combat encounters featuring 18 ghostly enemy types
- 3 challenging boss battles
- Affix-based loot system providing Minerva with thousands of combinations of weapons and armor
- Elemental attribute system that allows players to customize their build through gear selection and create synergies between different weapons
- Full 3D isometric dungeon-crawling, built with the power of Unreal Engine 4
Don’t Die Minerva will be coming out in early access soon and we will have an in-depth preview soon