Some Common How-tos Answered for Mac Users
Millions of people have a MacBook, and they often find a solution to make their MacBook experience the best it can be. When talking about improving the overall experience of surfing MacBook, people tend to look upon new ideas and shortcuts, making their Mac usage easier.
If you are one of those finding a solution to many common MacBook usage ideas, then here is something meaningful waiting for you.
Useful How-tos Questioned for you –
Question 1. How to check the battery health of your MacBook?
MacBook’s batteries are rated and ranked for up to 1000 charge cycles. It shows some impeccable results as compared to other laptops but only when you are keeping a hawk’s eye on its overall maintenance. Here, the first thing comes to check the health of the battery, which adds a lot more to its experience.
Here are some quick steps to resolve the battery health issues on your MacBook.
- Long press on the option key and click on the battery icon in the status bar. Usually, it displays on the top right corner of the screen.
- This option will display your detailed battery status and health as – Replace Soon, Normal, Service Battery, or Replace Now.
In case you want more battery details, you would need to follow these steps –
- Click on a ‘cross icon’ displayed on the top left corner on the MacBook screen.
- Now press ‘About This Mac’ options then go to ‘System Report.’
- Then click on the left-hand side and press ‘Power.’
- This will display detailed information and specifications of the battery on an additional window.
If you still could not find a satisfactory answer to the questions you have in your mind, look upon the support page of Apple.
Question 2 – How to find and change the address of a MacBook on Linux?
The network card encompasses at least two different addresses. Here, most of the MacBook users confuse it with the IP address of the MacBook. Whereas, it talks about the hardware address. One of the biggest reasons behind people changing the MacBook address is to hide the real addresses and logs on the router. Those who desire to clone other addresses of MacBooks often go for this process.
Here is how to do it.
- The first 6 characters of Mac address belong to the device manufacturer and the last 12 digits denote the ID number of the hardware which is unique.
- Start with disabling the network card. The user cannot change the Mac while the network card is in use.
- In case you require to change the Mac address frequently, go for a program like Macchanger. It is required to install Ubuntu system or Debian.
- Meanwhile, the installation process goes on, select an option from the displayed choice to proceed and end the installation process.
Note – During the installation process, a dialog box asking if Macchanger should start during the networking device is enabled. Here, decide if you want to keep it as a default setting or not.
Question 3 – How to check available space on Mac?
MacBook users want to know details about the storage space left only when they are about to store a huge amount of data in their machine. And as MacBooks do not witness storage-related issues; therefore, Apple does not provide readily available information regarding the same. However, it is quite easy to check the information. All you need is to know the steps to how to check disk space on Mac and you are done. Just a few simple steps and you are almost there to fetch desirable information. Here are some steps to check the available space on MacBook –
- Go to the menu bar.
- Click on the Apple logo displayed on the top left corner.
- Go to the ‘About this Mac’ option.
- Now select the ‘Storage’ option. This will display detailed information about the overall storage.
Plus, you can view the storage screen along with the files that have consumed the maximum space via the ‘Manage’ option. This will display a series of documents, applications, photos, and other file types consuming the maximum space available on the MacBook.
The last line –
Undoubtedly, MacBooks offer an improvised experience as compared to other branded laptops. Be it the performance or overall look and feel of accessing a machine, there is a massive difference. This experience can be improvised with learning some how-to-dos where you often feel stuck at times. Get answers to all these random questions above and be a pro MacBook user in no time.