Dead Island Definitive Edition Announced
Yesterday Deep Silver, the publishers of games like Metro: Last Light and Saints Row 4 announced that the players will be able to revisit the epic, batshit crazy terror of the fan-favourite zombie slaying fest. Both Dead Island and its expansion Dead Island: Riptide will be getting remastered as Dead Island Definitive Edition arrives on all the major platforms on March 31st, 2016. With completely immensely upgraded and drastically improved versions of the first two installments of the series, you better be ready to re-indulge in the ultimate Dead Island experience.
The two have been given a complete facelift with the usage of Techland’s next-gen engine, adding monumental visual and performance enhancements, whilst integrating cutting edge current-gen effects into the game like:
Better Texture Quality
The original games’ textures have been given an overhaul and have been redone in a higher resolution. There have been changes in the level of quality, which has been increased all over the board.
Enhancement in Image Quality via Anti-Aliasing
With the addition of greater anti-aliasing elements, the jagged edges will now be smoother throughout the zombie-infested land of Banoi, delivering a much cleaner look throughout.
Improved game models and gameplay features
All the major assets like the NPCs and character models showcase significant improvement in their quality.
Physically based shading
Thanks to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine, physically based shading has been introduced into the game. This addition delivers a higher quality look to the game models and objects, as they react in a more realistic way adding a certain newfound beauty to the game’s world.
New photorealistic lighting system
Having received significant changes, the game’s lighting system has vastly improved giving the tropical world of Dead Island a much more realistic look.
HBAO and Motion-Blur Effects
The inclusion of Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra creamy layer of realism and depth to the world, through a better application of shadows given out by objects. Likewise, the introduction of brand-new motion blur effects delivers a much more cinematic feel to the game.
Current-gen Console Experience
Of course, the remastered version will take advantage of the current-gen consoles’ power with Online 4-player CoOp, Share-Play(PS4), PS Vita Remote-Play(PS4), streaming and recording.
Power Fists Power-up
Upon the release of the game, this unofficial mod for the PC became an instant hit among fans of the game. Now, as both the games officially include this crazy power-up, we fans get to punch our way through the mayhem with the most goddamn berserk power-up ever.
Adding to this delight-fest, Deep Silver have announced the addition of a brand new side scroller/endless runner action game titled Dead Island Retro Revenge. A quick glance at the features of the game:
• Smash heads, crack skulls and slice em up with visceral melee combat and true story-based 4-player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.
• Enhance and develop your unique character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and unlockable skill trees.
• Collect and customize thousands of weapons ranging from simple wooden bats and fire axes to heavy rifles as you search for the makings of the ultimate zombie-slaying tool.
• Get all the gore you can handle with the incredible details of the layered damage system that gives unprecedented visuals of the effects of each attack, enhanced by the first-person action perspective.
• Navigate the island by boat, the sole remaining mode of transportation.
• Orchestrate a system of traps, fences and turrets to fend off the oncoming zombies and protect the humans who are still alive.
• Adapt to changing visibility conditions and dynamic weather forces.
Dead Island Definitive Collection is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also includes Dead Island Retro Revenge!.
Available at the same time, Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will each be available separately and as a digital download for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC at suggested a price of $19.99/€19.99/£14.99
Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, plus the compilation Dead Island Definitive Collection are scheduled for release May 31st 2016 on Xbox One, PlayStation, and Windows PC.
1 thought on “Dead Island Definitive Edition Announced”
Comments are closed.