ASUS Announces Xonar U3 Plus
Pocket-sized USB-powered sound card with built-in headphone amplifier and studio-grade effects
ASUS announces a new pocket-sized portable sound card in it’s growing USB audio line. The Xonar U3 Plus is an upgraded version of the standard Xonar U3 which comes with a 150 ohm headphone amp, very low-latency DSP and a full suite of audio enhancements. It is designed for PC and notebook users who are looking for an easy-to-use solution that caters to their high-fidelity audio playback and home recording needs.
The Xonar U3 Plus has a built-in high performance amplifier (including adjustable gain levels) that can drive upto 150 Ω impedance headphones/headsets and adds more depth and enhances dynamic details to make gaming, movies more enjoyable. It also come with great home audio enhancements like five pre-set audio modes (Rock, Rock Pro, Ballad, Ballad Pro, and Special) as well as some useful pro audio features like very low-latency DSP for recording, adjustable gain control, 10 band equalizer and studio-grade effects from the software suite like vocal effects, stereo mixing ability, precision frequency filters, reverb control. There is a DJ Mix tool too for further control of the mixes such as ducking a particular track etc.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR): 100 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise : 0.005% (-110 dB)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Headphone impedance: Optimized for 32~150Ω
- Interface: USB 1.1 or above bus compatible
- Sample Rate and Resolution: Up to 48KHz @ 16bit
- Connectivity: 1 x 3.5 mm jack analog out; 1 x 3.5 mm jack (Line-In/Mic-In combo); 1 x S/PDIF out (combo with analog out)
- Operation system: 1/8/7/XP(32/64bit)
- Karaoke functions: Music pitch-shifting, vocal cancellation, and microphone echo effects with stereo mix recording (Wave and Mic-in) for online Karaoke or online DJ applications