Paradox Interactive Reveals Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition Expansion for Prison Architect
Paradox Interactive revealed the latest expansion for Prison Architect, Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition, is launching on PC on November 21, 2019 for a suggested retail price of $5.99 / £4.79 / €5.99. While Psych Ward has been available on consoles since 2017, Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition includes additional content not available in Psych Ward’s console release and will launch alongside a free content update to the base game.
Check out this trailer to see what’s coming to Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition
Developed by Double Eleven, Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition introduces unpredictable inmates with new behaviors, adds additional management features, and gives players more ways to customize their prisons. Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition expands on Psych Ward’s console features and adds an additional warden, padded solitary cells, padded floors, Psychiatrist office upgrades, Orderly staff, and more.
“Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition is built to enhance Prison Architect’s existing gameplay mechanics to give players new and interesting ways to experience the game,” Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive, said. “Each feature in this expansion brings its own set of scenarios and opportunities that require players to get creative with their prison management. Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition is just the start of our plans for Prison Architect, we have much more in the works that you’ll hear about soon.”
Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition will be the first PC expansion to be released since Paradox purchased the Prison Architect IP and partnered with developer Double Eleven earlier this year.
Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition Key Features
- Plead Insanity: Criminally insane inmates are unpredictable, require special care, and have their own Reputation traits for you to consider when building your prison. Let them co-exist with the general population or lock them away in a padded cell, how you manage their needs is up to you!
- Shrinks: Any prison holding the criminally insane needs a team of Psychiatrists and trained Orderlies to keep everything under control. These valuable prison staff can sedate rowdy prisoners or pull out the straitjackets when things get too rough.
- Doctor’s Note: Provide counseling to the criminally insane with the new Psychiatrist’s Office and new consultation Programs. Improve their sessions by upgrading the office with leather sofas, medicine cabinets, Rorschach tests, and more.
- Good Behavior: Your inmates now have a wide range of behaviors players will need to manage. They start out harmless, but if left untreated, they can turn violent or attempt to escape.
- It’s Gone Viral: Treat your regular inmates with care. Subjecting your inmates to excessive suppression or punishment can cause them to turn criminally insane.
- Extra Padding: Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition adds padded cells and padded floors along with a bundle of other new objects, floors, and wall types to customize your prison. Now you can easily build a dedicated wing for the criminally insane.
- Tools of the Trade: Additional contraband, including Adrenaline Shots, Fountain Pens (Shanks), and Gold Pocket Watches, can be stolen by your prisoners, or by you in Escape Mode.