Title: Dark Souls 3
Genre: Action Role-playing Game
Series: Souls, Dark Souls
Publisher: FromSoftware, Bandai Namco Entertainment
Release Date: 24 March 2016 (Japan), 12 April 2016 (World Wide)
Dark Souls III is an action role-playing video game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
The dark souls 3 is the third and final product for the dark souls series from fromsoftware and Bandai Namco.
What is Dark Souls III?
This game is the next entry in the Dark Souls series, featuring the same 3rd-person RPG gameplay of it’s predecessors. It takes place in the same world as the previous titles(though now in Lothric), and includes all the expected puzzles, traps, bloodthirsty enemies, complex/beautiful environments and secrets you could ever want. Dark Souls has a brand new engine this time around, the same as that of Bloodborne; you can really feel the difference in smoothness and graphic quality.
Diving into the game , Dark Souls 3 really looks desperate to stand out of all other souls game by taking everything good what the previous ones had and it really does look beautiful and is a fantastic experience for souls series gamers , though if you’re new to the series , it won’t disappoint you either.The game has the same engine which was used on Bloodborne making it look a very beautiful game , the cinematics is very beautiful in the game and the artistic look in the game really makes it an eye candy,the dynamic lights, and shadows make every area look very beautiful . The PC controls are a bit cheeky and is recommended to use a controller.The gameplay is also a mixed up product off dark souls 1 and 2. Now, coming to the bosses . well just in the starting of the game after 5 minutes you have a boss fight and that too a badass one , though the first boss ( Ludex Gundyr ) was said to be easy by the developers yet it will give a good competition to the new gamers in the series.
Now coming to how well is the game optimised , well Dark Souls 3 is very good in optimisation but could’ve have been better , minor stutters sometimes makes it really annoying during a dense area but seeing how fast the patches are coming it is hoped that fromsoftware will fix that too.
So is it worth it?
A thousand times yes. This game takes the best of the previous games and expands upon them. The Souls formula has been entirely reworked, and outfitted with the new Bloodborne engine to deliver a beautiful, polished product. Veterans should feel right at home here, as everything they know and love is in the game waiting for them. Those new to Dark Souls will have no problem using this game as an entrance to the series, as this is really, truley, the ultimate Dark Souls experience.
The game deserves to earn a 9/10.
• The legendary difficulty is back(they patched it in before release).
• This installment easily has the most in-depth fighting system of the series.
• The lore and narrative are still puzzles in their own right, and there's a lot of it.
• The game is on par for PC options.
• Most areas will run at 60fps if your computer is within spec. The game is beautiful.
• Soul memory is GONE! WOOO! Also, enemies won't disappear after you kill them a bunch.
• The boss design, as usual, is on point. They are all unique, scary, and challenging.
• The soundtracks are amazing, they come to life in the game's best moments.
• The game start-to-finish without doing any side stuff takes an average of 30 hours.
• The level design is miles ahead of Dark Souls II, you'll notice that immediately.
• Veterans of the series will be familiar with most systems, like sliding into a new comfy chair.
• Combat has been entirely reworked, down to each individual weapon. Dual-wielding is viable!
• Classes don't lock you into a playstyle, choose what you want and build on it. You can respec too!
• PVP is better than ever, especially with the new covenants!
• Online functionality has been expanded.
• Based on the ending, this is probably not the final Souls game
• The world is kind of linear in some areas, but it's not very noticeable.
• There are a few framerate and graphical issues. Some areas are worse than others.
• There is noticeable pop-in.
• Some grinding is neccesary.
• Keyboard and mouse controls are just okay(using a controller is highly recommended)