Toshiba the well known semiconductor & storage Products Company announced the launch of a 3TB 2.5-inch hard disk drive. It’s currently industry’s largest capacity 2.5inch HDD.
Utilizing perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) technology, the “MQ03ABB300” is the industry’s first 2.5-inch HDD to achieve 750GB per platter, using a total of 4 platters to achieve storage of 3TB. Suitable for external personal storage devices and space-constrained use cases requiring high storage capacity, the “MQ03ABB300” is small in size but large in storage capability.
The “MQ03ABB300” offers the best in energy consumption efficiency in the 2.5-inch form factor, with lower power consumption and 50 percent larger capacity compared to Toshiba’s previous generation 4-platter 2TB ”MQ01ABB200.”
The “MQ03ABB300” is suitable for single and multi-drive HDD home and SMB storage enclosures by providing ample space for data storage. The power efficient design also makes it a suitable solution for USB connected external personal storage applications.
Sample shipments will begin in May.
- Key Features
- Delivers Massive Storage Capacity in 2.5-inch Form Factor for Space Constrained Applications.
- 3 TB Capacity in Small Form Factor with 15 mm Height
- 5,400 rpm
- SATA 3 (Up to 6.0 Gbit/s) with SATA Power Save
- Advanced Format 512e
- MTTF of 600,000 hours
- RoHS Compatible, Halogen-Free and Antimony-Free
- 16MB Buffer
- Power Consumption ( Read / Write ) : 1.70 W Typ.
- Power Consumption ( Low Power Idle ) : 0.70 W Typ.
- Height : 15.0 mm
- Width : 69.85 mm
- Length : 100.0 mm
- Weight : 180 g Max.
Courtesy : businesswire.com