With Phantaruk’s launch nearing, Polyslash has released a brand new launch trailer showing off what lurks in the shadows of Purity-02.
Phantaruk is an FPP survival horror that takes place on a derelict spaceship somewhere in the vast emptiness of space. The player – a victim of experiments – is infected with a parasite constantly attacking him from the inside with deadly toxins. The player must learn what happened on the ship and how to escape it but toxins are not his only problem. A mythical beast – Phantaruk – is constantly following him and posing the deadliest threat.
For long has the humanity been constrained by limits of human body. Most have accepted the imperfection of flesh, but some sought for liberation. To pursue the dream of creating a post-human being – to achieve ideas of transhumanism – is the driving force behind H+ Corporation. Within its facilities technology and homo sapiens became one entity. An organism devoid of humanity’s biological weaknesses
● Find and use medical syringes to get rid of the toxins in your body which raise your pulse – if it gets too high, you will die.
● Be on the constant lookout for batteries – without them your flashlight won’t work.
● Survive in the first person perspective, hide when in danger, crawl through ventilation shafts and peek around the corners to see what hides in the shadows.
● Discover the mystery of Purity-02 by reading notes left behind by the ship’s crew.
● Enjoy the stunning visuals and an atmospheric soundtrack composed by Draco Nared.
Polyslash is a small studio located in Cracow, Poland. It is their first project together, but the crew has experience from previous projects they have worked on. They come from companies such as The Farm 51, Reality Pump, Tate Interactive or Bloober Team. Now they join their forces to create a horror game they have always wanted.
Phantaruk is going to be released on Steam for PC and possibly Mac/Linux on August 16th, 2016. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are under consideration and is going to cost $ 11.99 .
You can add Phantaruk on your STEAM wishlist here. I recently published my impressions of the beta version of Phantaruk, and I loved the old school horror feel that I got from it. A full review will up on Day 1 of Phantaruk’s release.
Student , Gamer , Blogger , Audiophile .