New details regarding Mass Effect Andromeda have been leaked at the Mass Effect subreddit !
For a full run down , check out the video I will link down below.
You are apparently going to be playing as a character called ‘Pathfinder’, who is trying to find a new home for humanity in a new galaxy. In this quest you’ll be able to take along two squad members – a krogan and a blonde human woman were mentioned – on missions, with the rest staying in your ship, which is a completely new design.
The ship itself is allegedly going to be much bigger than the Normandy, and has a balcony overlooking the bridge.
When exploring a planet, jetpacks (which were seen in the trailer) can be used to navigate and get to vantage points. Combat has also been expanded, allowing you to use the omnitool as a shield.
You can also explore planet surfaces in the Mako, which could be customisable.
The main opposing force are a bipedal cross between vorcha and the collectors, according to the leak and they apparently enter combat by being dropped off in Cerberus ships. Yes you saw that right, collector Vorcha hybrid being dropped off in Cerberus ships.
Ready for more ? Keep in mind, there is absolutely NO proof to these details and you should take all this in with a grain of salt.
Okay here we go.
- Main character is referred to as ‘the pathfinder’ .
- You can take 2 squad-mates with you, same as before, a human blonde and a krogan mentioned.
- All squad mates have jetpacks which are vital in exploration.
- Omnitool has more functionality, for example a combat shield.
- Greater detail in character facial features and models.
- Destructible covers, thanks to EA’s next gen frostbite engine.
- Completely different ship, and far bigger than the Normandy.
- Hints at Mako customization and the Mako will be used for exploring planets.
- ‘Pathfinder quarters’ section in the ship( similar to what we had for Shepherd ?).
- Story revolves around finding a new home for humanity and other races.
- New ship travel system where you manually fly the ship( YAYYYYYY!!).
- Enemies are bipedal cross between Vorcha and Collectors.
- The (non-human) enemies drop into combat from Cerberus ships(not those guys again) .
- One of the antagonists is a human soldier with armor similar to yours but without N7 insignia.
And as promised the video :