Ever since Intel released the 200 Series chipset, there’s been a chase among the manufacturers to bring out motherboards one after another. Gigabyte keeping up with the tradition announced the Gigabyte Z270X-DESIGNARE for the content creator crowd.
At the very outset, we can notice that since the lineup itself is focussed towards content creator gigabyte decided against any kind of bling that we usually see in their other lineups. So no RGB like Auros, nor any fancy color scheme like the Gaming series. The motherboard is adorned with distinctive silver alloy PCB design along with streaks of blue LEDs which looks pretty in my opinion.
Coming to the specifications side of things, we have the following
- Supports 7th/ 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Header
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Dual NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 Connector
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp
- Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- RGB FUSION LED Light Show Design
- Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
- Silver Alloy Coated PCB Design
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 AIC Support
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
While most of them are in line what one would expect from a board having the “DESIGNARE” moniker. I couldn’t see the usage of adding a DAC or and AMP into this motherboard. Any content creator worth their salt would buy an AMP or DAC of their own choice and in most cases, the onboard solutions would just stay there without use. However, it may not be the case for some. I for one would have loved to see one more Intel GbE Lan on the Z270X-DESIGNARE.
Overall with an MSRP of INR 25500, the Z270X-DESIGNARE seems pretty affordable(for a high-end board that is). We will update you more about the board as and when we get more info.