AMD has a new hotfix available for Radeon graphics card owners. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.4 brings the core driver version up to 16.40.3211. This brings a host of improvements for AMD card owners , but the big news here (and biggest reason for this driver release) is that it’s the official launch driver for Civilization VI’s DirectX 12 rendering mode. The long-awaited DX12 upgrade for the strategy game has been released today as part of the game’s Fall 2016 Update..
Besides Civ6 tuning and support, the driver release notes mention other items, one of which applies to Titanfall 2. Here are the bugs it stomps out:
- H.264 content playback may experience playback issues on internet browsers with hardware acceleration when also running gaming applications or content.
- Radeon R9 Fury Series products may experience minor graphical corruption in Titanfall 2 when inside a titan.
There are some known issues AMD continues to work on. They include:
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- DOOM may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- DOTA 2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- Flickering may be experience while playing Overwatch in the main menu or viewing character models using AMD CrossFire mode.
- FIFA 17 may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
- H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
You can download the latest AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition hotfix direct from AMD.
Foodie , Semi Pro Dota 2 Player , DC Comics Addict and PC MR